Sunday, October 10, 2010

Leaving Texas!

After 4 long years in southwest Texas, we received orders to move to England. I will be returning to fly the KC-135 Stratotanker after having been an instructor in the T-6A Texan II. The 'Texas Years' will always be memorable: We built and loved our first home off base, Cynthia earned her LVN/LPN, and I deployed twice to South America (Peru in '07-'08 and Colombia in '09). I think we are all happy to be moving on, though, and look forward to our new adventures in the United Kingdom. This past summer was particularly busy as we had to prepare for the move. I spent most of it TDY in Altus, Oklahoma, while Cynthia and the boys remained in Del Rio as she finished up her school and testing while showing the house to sell. We were fortunate to be able to sell the house in August, but had the worst movers ever (and this was our 6th time!)

2 comments:

Sarah F. said...

Yeah! Glad to see you are blogging again. I hope this will be a regular thing. :) Hope you guys are doing well! Miss you.

Dan said...

Thanks. We're busy looking for a house, putting the boys in school, etc. Will get more up this week hopefully.

Send me your blog password, please. Use my hotmail. Thanks.